01 22 34 500
Covering North East Wicklow, Dun Laoghaire (DL Doc) and East Doc Dublin
Information for Patients
E Doc covers the patients of the majority of doctors in North East Wicklow, Dun Laoghaire (DL Doc) and South East Dublin (East Doc). If you need medical advice or feel you should see one of our doctors please call 01 22 34 500
How our service operates:
When you first call E Doc on 01 22 34 500 a call-taker will take all your details and then a triage nurse will call you back. The triage nurse will discuss the nature of the medical problem and will decide the best course of action for you to take. This might be simple advice from the nurse, a call from the doctor, or the arrangement of an appointment to see a doctor in one of our centres. In exceptional cases and based on medical need and other factors a home visit will be arranged.
When you call please have your medical card number ready for the call taker and bring your medical card to the centre for verification by our receptionist.
When you come to one of our centres the receptionist will confirm your arrival to the doctor.
After the consultation a complete record of the consultation will be forwarded to your own GP to be added to your medical record.
GP consultations in E Doc are free to medical card holders provided that the card is in date, is in the name of the patient attending, and is valid at the time of the consultation.
For private patients:
- The cost of a telephone or video consultation with a GP is €70.00.
- The cost of centre visit GP consultation is €70.00.
- Should the doctor in the course of a video or telephone consultation ask you to attend on the same day for an in- person follow up face to face consultation, the €70.00 charge will cover both your telephone/ video consultation and the in person consultation.
- There are additional charges for additional procedures such as suturing, nebulization, dressings etc.
- The home visit fee for a private patient is €100.00. There is no discount for children or infants. This home visit service is free to medical card holders. Note that it is only in exceptional cases that E Doc provide a home visit service.
Please note that during the current Covid-19 crisis we are accepting only cashless payments i.e. credit and debit cards.
Children under six who are in possession of a medical card number will not be charged. For more click here.
Where two members of the same family are seen at the same visit the second family member will be charged €40.00. If one family member has a medical card and the second person does not, the second person will be charged the full fee.
If a patient visits E Doc more than once with the same symptoms within 7 days of their first E Doc visit, the fee for the second visit will be €35.00. Please note that private fees will be applied to anyone who does not produce a valid medical card at the time of the consultation. No refunds will be given.
If you would like to check if your medical card is valid please click here or go to: https://www.sspcrs.ie/portal/checker/
Will I be Charged if I attend A & E? Click here for more information >>
Important notice about your personal information (GDPR)
If you are looking for a copy of the receipts please be aware of charges as follows: no charge for the last 3 months, €20 for last one/two years, €30 for over two years and one off for prior years (one year only) – €20.