Opening Hours and Contact Details
We are open for Urgent GP health care from 1800 hrs to 0800 hrs from Monday to Friday and from 0800 hrs on Saturdays and Sundays, all Bank and public holidays for 24 hours until the daytime GP service is available. If you need medical advice during these times please call 01 22 34 500. We are not open during normal daytime hours – during these hours please contact your own GP for an appointment.
Note: the service covers patients of E Doc local GPs who are participating in the service. If your GP is not an E Doc member please call you GP surgery to find out which out of hours service covers their patients when their surgeries are closed.
The Service is free to medical card holders, this includes GMS card card holders, GP visit cards, Under 6yrs and under 8 yrs card holders. Cards must be in date and valid at the time of consultation. urgent holders of an Under 6 free GP Visit card.
- The cost of a GP telephone consultation is €70.00
- The cost of centre visit GP consultation is €70.00
- Should the doctor in the course of a telephone consultation ask you to attend on the same day for an in- person follow up face to face consultation, the €70.00 charge will cover both your telephone consultation and the in person consultation.
- There are additional charges for additional procedures such as suturing, nebulization, dressings etc.
- The cost of home visit GP consultation is €100
Where two members of the same family are seen at the same visit the second family member will be charged €35.00. If one family member has a medical card and the second person does not, the second person will be charged the full fee.
If a patient visits E Doc more than once with the same symptoms within 7 days of their first E Doc visit, the fee for the second visit will be €35.00
Please note that private fees will be applied to anyone who does not produce a valid medical card at the time of the consultation. No refunds will be given.
If you would like to check if your medical card is valid please check card number here Eligibility Status Check (sspcrs.ie)